Terdapat dua kalimat participle:
Active participle / present participle, yaitu kata kerja (verb) yang berujung ‘-ing’
- Frightening (menakutkan)
- Interesting (menarik)
- Tiring (melelahkan)
- Having + V3…, S + … (Setelah me- / ber- )
- Having given prescription to the patient, the doctor told him to take the medicine regularly.
- Having taken a bath, I help my mom tidy up my bed room.
- V –ing … , S + …. (karena me- / ber- atau ketika me-/ ber)
- Walking along the street, he met his former girlfriend. (Walking =ketika berjalan)
- Working too hard for paying his tuition fee, Tom became sick. (Working= karena bekerja)
- … V ing …. (Yang me- / ber-)
- When I come home, I saw someone trying to get on the roof. (Trying= who tried= yang mencoba)
- The boy standing over there is my brother. (standing= who is standing=yang berdiri)
- Being + adj / noun … , S + …
- Being an outstanding student, Ardi got scholarship to studying in Australia.
- Being lazy, Ardy didn’t pass the final exam.
Passive Participle / past participle, yaitu kata kerja (verb) dalam bentuk ke- 3 / V3.
- Frightened (takut)
- Interested (Tertarik)
- Tired (lelah)
- Having + been+ V3 … , S +… (setelah di- / ter)
- Having been cooked , the food was served to the customer.
- Having been accepted in medical school, Ardi frequently does experiment in Laboratory.
- V3 … , S + … (karena di- / ter- atau ketika di- / ter-)
- Ruined by the earthquake, the village was left. (Ruined = karena dihancurkan)
- Interviewed by the manager, I gave my best answer. So that I won the job.
- …..V ing …. (yang di- /ter-)
- The window broken by hasn’t been repaired yet.( broken =which was broken= yang dirusak)
- The cars imported from Europe are relatively expencive.( imported= which are imported = yang diimpor)